Andorra Pennsylvania Injury Lawyers and Andorra Accident Attorneys
PhillyLaw Attorneys provide professional legal guidance to Andorra Pennsylvania accident victims.
Experienced injury attorneys in Andorra PA at the PhillyLaw Trial Firm offer accessible, knowledgeable legal counsel who are interested in the unique details of each case. Advocating for their clients toward the best settlement, or jury award outcomes is necessary to address harmful losses after an accident. PhillyLaw Trial lawyers keep open communication with their clients, often extending personal phone and email information, and effectively stand their ground with insurance companies and opposing counsel.
Parties to a fault action.
Accidents in Andorra can be caused through the negligence of one party, or multiple parties, and victims wishing to be compensated for any related injuries have a specific timeframe in which to initiate a lawsuit, so it is best to contact Andorra PA personal injury lawyers shortly after a harmful mishap. Whether an accident results in overtly catastrophic damages, or does not seem that severe at first glance, it is always prudent to have Andorra Pennsylvania accident attorneys review the particulars of a case for those “invisible” injuries that may be discovered at a later date that could include spine and brain injuries, and/or internal organ damage that may cause chronic medical problems to accident victims in Pennsylvania. The value of proper medical screening after an accident cannot be overstated for this reason.
Importance of compensation for Andorra Pennsylvania personal injury claims.
Competent injury lawyers in Andorrawill build a case based on applicable Pennsylvania State, and federal laws. Damage compensation is especially important when injuries result in prolonged recovery times, increased medical treatments, specialized living space transformations, and chronic conditions that reduce the quality of a person’s life. When accident victims sustain non-fatal injuries that result in the need for 24-hour medical care, personal injury attorneys in Andorra PA are instrumental in staving off any fiscally negative complications by securing comprehensive damage awards.
With over forty years of collective legal experience, the Andorra Pennsylvania accident lawyers at PhillyLaw can fight for a victim’s right to compensation for injuries and property damage, despite the insurance company practices to offer low-ball settlement offers and close out claims quickly. Legal counsel can counter forceful insurance carrier actions by building a strong trial case through meticulous accident scene investigations; research and review of police, medical and witness reports; preparing expert financial loss valuations; and drafting and filing complicated insurance and legal documents on behalf of their client.
Damages address economic loss, including lost wages, medical bills, medical care, and treatment, plus household expenses and non-economic damages for pain and suffering, loss of consortium, or companionship. Individuals should talk to Andorra PA car accident attorneys about punitive damages meant to punish the individual who caused harm, or injury and loss to the victim. Monetary awards in Pennsylvania have no cap on most damages, but there is a cap of $500,000 against local government claims, and a $250,000 limit on claims against the State.
Imposed time limitations to file legal claims.
Personal injury lawyers in Andorra Pennsylvania must adhere to Pennsylvania’s statute of limitations that gives an accident victim two years to file a lawsuit from the date the injury occurred, was discovered, or should have been discovered through reasonable care. An accident attorney can apprise individuals of any deviations from that timeline.
Motor vehicle accident lawyers in Andorra PA.
In Pennsylvania, an accident report must be filed with the Pennsylvania Department of Public Safety within five days from a motor vehicle mishap if collisions result in death, injury, or significant property damage.
Pennsylvania is a no fault insurance state and drivers are required to carry their own protection to cover damages, regardless of fault in an accident, which guarantees that injured motorists can receive immediate medical screening and treatment. The first party benefit (FPB) enables coverage for medical costs to covered drivers and passengers to pay hospital bills, medical, dental, and nursing services related to the accident. Pennsylvania requires policy coverage for FPB in the amount of $5,000 per person.
- The tort option determines a policyholder’s right to sue another driver for pain and suffering and drivers should be aware that if they selected the limited tort option, they may be restricted from suing another driver for non-monetary damages. A Andorra auto accident attorney can explain how insurance coverages in Pennsylvania will impact damage compensation recovery amounts after a car accident results in harmful loss. Andorra car accident lawyers can explain how valuations are made for car insurance claims as well.
- Semi-truck. Semi-truck accident attorneys in Andorra Pennsylvania have specific trucking industry knowledge that allows them to build effective negligence cases against those at fault for damages which may be catastrophic due to size discrepancies between semi-trucks and passenger vehicles. After a motor vehicle accident with a truck, Andorra semi-truck accident lawyers have the burden to prove that an individual, or entity was negligent and caused the injury named in the lawsuit to an accident victim, reveal measurable harms, and support the argument that the semi-truck driver owed them a duty of care. If a criminal component exists, that legal action may strengthen the civil case outcome.
Premise’s liability, medical malpractice, and workers’ compensation.
- Premise’s liability. If an individual is hurt on another person’s property, they may initiate legal action if the accident was caused by poor property conditions, including improper maintenance, upkeep, or from unforeseen interactions with occupants. Homeowners’ insurance may cover these types of injuries in many cases, depending on the reason a victim was on the premises.
- Medical malpractice. Pennsylvania has no caps on non-economic damages in medical malpractice lawsuits, but punitive damages are capped at 200% of compensatory damages. Twenty-five percent of all punitive damages awarded to patients must go into a special fund to pay patients whose claims exceed the healthcare provider’s malpractice insurance coverage.
- Workers’ compensation. When a person becomes injured on the job, or contracts an illness that is job-related, they should hire the services of an experienced workers’ compensation attorney, who can assist with a claim for monetary damages. A lawyer can deal with the Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Claims Division on a client’s behalf.
Wrongful death lawyers in Andorra Pennsylvania.
In Pennsylvania, family members, or legal representatives must file a wrongful death legal action to secure compensation when a loved one dies because of the negligent, reckless, or deliberate act of another. A Andorra Pennsylvania wrongful death attorney can assist with litigation toward damages in these lawsuits that may include:
- Medical bills and treatment,
- Funeral and burial expenses,
- Lost wages compensation,
- Compensation for pain and suffering,
- Punitive damages based on individual cases.
2021 Locust St.
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Phone: (215) 515-2050