Philadelphia Risperdal Injury Lawyer
Our Philadelphia Risperdal injury lawyer represents people injured by side effects of the pharmaceutical Risperdal.
Risperdal is an anti-psychotic drug used to treat:
- Irritable and aggressive behavior in children and adolescents suffering from autism disorder
- Bipolar disease / manic depression
Risperdal Side Effects / Injuries
Risperdal, manufactured by Johnson & Johnson (J&J), is linked to serious injuries, including:
- excessive weight gain and the resultant onset of type 2 diabetes
- exacerbation / worsening of existing type 2 diabetes
- male breasts/gynecomastia
- uncontrollable movement disorder / tardive dyskinesia
- death in elderly Risperdal users
The increased risk of weight gain and diabetes occurs with both child and adult users of Risperdal.
Gynecomastia, or abnormal growth of breast tissue in males, can also occur in adult as well as child Risperdal users.
Gynecomastia is generally a permanent condition caused by Risperdal results from Risperdal’s stimulation of the hormone (prolactin) that produces milk in women who have recently given birth.
Gynecomastia can be extremely damaging to a young boy’s, male adolescent’s, or man’s self-esteem.
The condition can also require multiple surgeries to remove the excess breast tissue caused by Risperdal use.
Risperdal Gynecomastia and Diabetes Injury Lawsuits
Lawsuits brought by a Philadelphia Risperdal injury lawyer against Risperdal manufacturer Johnson & Johnson (J&J) may allege that Johnson & Johnson (J&J):
- was aware or should have been aware of the increased risks of excessive weight gain, diabetes, and gynecomastia associated with Risperdal use
- failed to adequately warn physicians and consumers of the increased risk of dangerous and damaging Risperdal side effects
- improperly marketed Risperdal for off-label use by children (i.e., marketed it for children’s use without the approval of the specific use by the FDA)
Risperdal Medical Malpractice Claims
Louis Jay Arnold also represents clients in medical malpractice claims against doctors who negligently prescribed and/or monitored patients’ side effects from Risperdal.
For more information about medical malpractice lawsuits, see Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawyer.
Contact a Philadelphia Risperdal Injury Lawyer
Were you or a family member injured after using the drug Risperdal?
You may be entitled to compensation from the manufacturer.
Please contact our Philadelphia Risperdal injury lawyer, today, for a cost-free initial consultation about your case.