Philadelphia Xarelto Injury Lawyer
Our Philadelphia Xarelto injury lawyer represents people injured by the anticoagulant drug Xarelto.
The Xarelto blood thinner received approval in 2011 from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to treat patients with an increased risk of:
- blood clots
- pulmonary embolism (PE)
- deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
Although Xarelto manufacturer Bayer marketed Xarelto as a blood thinner superior to warfarin and other anticoagulants, Bayer produced the drug without a reversal agent for uncontrolled blood loss.
The absence of a bleeding reversal agent for Xarelto can cause serious injury or death to Xarelto users.
Xarelto use has been linked to:
- Significant and dangerous blood loss
- Uncontrolled rectal bleeding
- Uncontrolled abdominal bleeding
- Uncontrolled brain bleeds
- Another internal bleeding that cannot be controlled
The increased risk of stroke associated with the use of Xarelto occurs despite the blood thinner’s intended effect of reducing rather than increasing the incidence of strokes.
Xarelto manufacturer Bayer was aware of the increased stroke risk from Xarelto use after clinical trials showed 22 strokes after 30 days of Xarelto use compared to 6 strokes after 30 days of warfarin use.
Xarelto Uncontrollable Bleeding Lawsuits
Lawsuits brought by a Philadelphia Xarelto injury lawyer against Xarelto manufacturer Bayer allege that Bayer:
- was aware or should have been aware of the increased risk of dangerous and uncontrollable bleeding with the use of Xarelto
- failed to provide adequate warnings to physicians and consumers regarding the risks of uncontrollable and deadly bleeding associated with Xarelto
- knowingly marketed Xarelto as a safe anticoagulant despite the absence of a reversal agent to stop uncontrollable bleeding caused by Xarelto
- designed and manufactured a defective drug whose severe bleeding effects cannot be reversed
Xarelto Medical Malpractice Claims
Louis Jay Arnold also represents clients in medical malpractice claims against doctors who negligently prescribed and / or monitored patients’ side effects from the blood thinner Xarelto.
For more information about medical malpractice lawsuits, see Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Lawyer.
Contact a Philadelphia Xarelto Injury Lawyer
Were you or a family member injured after using the blood thinner medication Xarelto?
You may be entitled to compensation from the manufacturer.
Please contact our Philadelphia Xarelto injury lawyer, today, for a cost-free initial consultation about your case.